Hope and Resilience at the End of Life: Healing Presence in Our Lives and The Lives of Our Patients
September 23, 2021
WHEN: September 23, 2021 / 2:00pm – 3:45pm
From our Hope and Resilience at the End of Life Annual Conference series, we present to you this Online Webinar focused on Healing Presence in Our lives and The Lives of Our Patients.
Upon completion of this activity, you will be better able to:
- Define healing presence and how it affects the cared-for and the caregiver.
- Describe empathic distress fatigue.
- Define the effects of positive communications for incurably ill patients on family and professional care providers.
- Identify how Neff’s concept of self-compassion, both tender and fierce, create a foundation for the practice of healing presence: a) Self-kindness, b) Common humanity c) Mindfulness.
- Recognize barriers and challenges to healing presence. • Increase awareness honoring the other and ourselves.
Advanced registration is required to confirm your registration.
A meeting link to join the Online Webinar will be emailed to registered participants one week prior to the webinar.
For more information, please contact:
Rutgers School of Nursing
Center for Professional Development
email@example.com • 973-972-6655
Conference Location: Online